Nintendo starts to show it’s E3 plans
As the E3 2019 video game trade show rapidly approaches, Nintendo provided more details about some of its activities around the event, which runs in Los Angeles from 11th to 13th June. Nintendo confirmed that the Nintendo Switch games available for people to play on the show floor include Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, which were the focus of a recently released Pokémon Direct. Other games on the show floor include Luigi’s Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening and MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order, in addition to various other games playable in Nintendo’s booth. Fans will hear details about upcoming games for Nintendo Switch during the Tuesday-evening Nintendo Direct presentation, with continued information during the week on Nintendo Treehouse: Live, with a focus on indie games on Thursday 13th June.
Some of Nintendo’s activities during the week of E3 2019 include:
- Multiple game tournaments: Teams from around the world gather to compete in multiple Nintendo Switch games on Saturday 8th June in Los Angeles. The action starts at 20.00 CEST with the Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019, in which four members of the Super Mario Maker community will compete in a variety of Super Mario Maker 2 courses. Next up, fans can enjoy the action of the Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019 – featuring European champions Alliance Rogue – and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 2019 3v3tournament, where the German squad of Light, RobinGG, Sirjon and back-up player Thunda will be competing as Team Europe. The competitions will be livestreamed in English via Nintendo of Europe’s E3 2019 website.
- Nintendo Direct: The presentation will begin at 18.00 CEST on Tuesday 11th June. The presentation, which focuses entirely on software, will offer a look at games scheduled to launch in 2019. Viewers can watch it in their local language by visiting Nintendo of Europe’s E3 2019 website.
- Nintendo Treehouse: Live: Nintendo of America’s Treehouse staff hosts a livestream from Nintendo’s booth at E3 that offers viewers live gameplay and commentary. The show on Tuesday 11th June starts immediately following the Nintendo Direct presentation. For the following two days, the show is scheduled to start at 18.00 CEST For the first time ever, Nintendo is dedicating Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming on Thursday 13th June to focus on indie games. People can view every day of the livestream in English at Nintendo of Europe’s E3 2019 website.
For the most up-to-date information about Nintendo’s presence at E3 2019, keep an eye on Nintendo of Europe’s E3 2019 website.
Visitors to E3 can get hands-on with a range of Nintendo Switch titles, while fans will hear details about upcoming games for Nintendo Switch during the Tuesday-evening Nintendo Direct presentation. Additional information is on the way during the week on Nintendo Treehouse: Live, with a focus on indie games on Thursday 13th June.
Post E3 sale announced
Nintendo eShop sale: To celebrate E3 2019, Nintendo is offering discounts on select digital Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games in Nintendo eShop and on the Nintendo of Europe website. The sale starts at 19.00 CEST on 11th June and runs until 23.59 (local time) on 18th June. The full list of discounted games will be announced next week.
Source: Nintendo PR email
Ary and the Secret of Seasons gameplay trailer unveiled
Taking on a role traditionally reserved for young men, Aryelle (Ary) has become the newest inductee into the mysterious Guardians of Seasons and is tasked with overcoming monstrous enemies, secret plots and stuffy traditions to bring back balance to Valdi after a mysterious force throws the seasons into disarray.
With unforgettable characters and larger-than-life enemies, Ary and the Secret of Seasons takes players on an adventurous ride through a fanciful world where the seasons themselves hold ancient, hidden powers. Ary must learn to harness these powers if she is to restore order from chaos, save her land and establish herself among the Guardians of Seasons.
Source: PR email
Virtua Racing and Wonder Boy: Monster Land Bring the Speed and Spectacle to the Nintendo Switch
Virtua Racing and Wonder Boy: Monster Land are the next set of titles joining the SEGA AGES line-up on June 27, 2019! SEGA AGES Virtua Racing takes the revered classic and delivers a dramatic overhaul with an improved framerate, a far greater draw distance, online matchmaking (and leaderboards), and a new Replay mechanic that didn’t exist in the original release. Not only that, but the game also supports up to 8-player SIMULTANEOUS local multiplayer, so you can rekindle that arcade experience with your friends!
SEGA AGES Wonder Boy: Monster Land contains several notable improvements such as a “Power Up New Game” (New Game Plus) feature that can be enabled at any time, even if you haven’t beaten the game, allowing you to restart after a Game Over with the same gear. There are also 3 new challenge modes (Sphinx and Monster Castle time attacks plus the Fire Ball score attack), online leaderboards, a Replay function, and a “Money Hungry Mode.” This last item plays off a bug that existed in the arcade original where players would increase the value of any hidden gold by quickly shaking the joystick back and forth. While the unintended bug is enabled by default here, the “Money Hungry Mode” disables it for the truly hardcore!
About Virtua Racing
Take control of a formula one racing car and compete against the world’s best drivers in the first faithful reproduction of the arcade classic. Choose between the Normal Race mode that features four-to-five lap races, or put your endurance to the test by completing 20 laps in the Grand Prix Race. Your car’s performance is affected the longer you drive, so make sure you plan your pit stop strategy carefully so you can take the checkered flag!
About Wonder Boy: Monster Land
After the defeat of the evil king, the kingdom of Wonder Land was a paradise…for a time. The peace was broken when a ferocious, fire-breathing dragon struck without warning and took over Wonder Land with a swarm of evil, monstrous henchmen, turning the once-peaceful land into the utterly chaotic Monster Land. Realizing he is Wonder Land’s last hope, Wonder Boy sets out on an incredible journey to rid the country of the monsters and defeat the “invincible” evil dragon.
Virtua Racing and Wonder Boy: Monster Land will be available individually on the Nintendo Switch eShop in the Americas and Europe on June 27, 2019 for $7.99 with commensurate European pricing.
Source: PR email
My Friend Pedro set for 20th June release
Developer Deadtoast and bananas label Devolver Digital have announced that the massively anticipated My Friend Pedro launches on June 20 via Nintendo Switch and PC! Eager banana combatants can pre-order the game on Nintendo Switch and save 15% off the standard £17.99 price. PC users can unpeel the action for £15.49 on Steam.
My Friend Pedro is a violent ballet about friendship, imagination, and one man’s struggle to obliterate anyone in his path at the behest of a sentient banana. The strategic use of split aiming, slow motion, and the ol’ stylish window breach create one sensational action sequence after another in an explosive battle through the violent underworld.
Visit myfriendpedro.com to chat with Pedro himself and follow @deadtoast_com for red hot gifs to impress your friends and family.
Source: PR email
Citizens of Space will make First Contact on 18th June
Attention, fellow earthlings! Citizens of Space is set to blast off for the PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, Nintendo Switch™, and Steam® for PC on June 18, 2019! The follow-up to 2015’s constituent-pleasing Citizens of Earth features an all-new combat system, deeper recruitment mechanics, and plenty of unique worlds to explore!
As the newly elected Ambassador of Earth to the Galactic Federation of Planets, everything seems like smooth sailing – until you arrive at the Federation headquarters for your first Assembly and you find Earth, the very planet you’re supposed to represent, missing! Out of a job (and a home), it’ll be up to you to recruit Citizens from across the galaxy and figure out who is responsible so you can get back to your cushy job as an Ambassador!
Citizens of Space Features:
- Citizens Unite!—You have access to over 40 recruitable Citizens, all available at any moment in the story, and each with their own role to fill in and out of combat. Everything has been streamlined so you’ll spend a lot less time managing and more time leading your Citizens!
- A Brand-New Battle System—Put your skills to the test in a newly-designed combat system where your ability to leverage timing and reflex-based minigames make all the difference between a landslide victory and a concession speech.
- New Worlds of Exploration—It’s not just Earth in trouble this time! Journey from your home planet to a variety of humorous, wacky worlds, each brought to life with vivid art and organic environments.
Citizens of Space will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam for PC starting June 18, 2019 for $14.99 (with commensurate European pricing). For more information, be sure to visit the official website at www.atlus.com/citizensofspace.