Embark on a mythical adventure in Unruly Heroes, unleash your inner goat in Goat Simulator, and put your puzzle-solving skills to the test in When Ski Lifts Go Wrong, all available now on Nintendo Switch
The new year is the time for new things and, in a new Indie Highlights video, Nintendo of Europe showcased a selection of exciting independent games coming to Nintendo Switch this year. The video included the first look at SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, a beautifully hand-drawn roleplaying card game from Image & Form Games, the creators of critically-acclaimed titles such as SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Dig 2. SteamWorld Quest is set for release first on Nintendo Switch in 2019.
Here’s a rundown of the games featured in today’s Indie Highlights video:
- Use the hand you’ve been dealt to triumph over evil, in SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech from Image & Form Games and Thunderful Publishing. In this innovative roleplaying card game, you’ll lead a party of heroes through a beautifully hand-drawn world, building your own deck of cards along the way and using them to defeat an array of enemies in intense turn-based battles. The game mixes traditional fantasy elements with steampunk robots for an unforgettable experience filled with fun and humour. SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamechis coming first to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Magic, mythology and madcap kung fu action combine in Unruly Heroes from Magic Design Studios, available now on Nintendo Switch. Terrible creatures are sowing chaos throughout the land and it’s up to the Monkey King and his three colourful companions to turn back the tide of evil. Tackle the adventure solo, or with friends in up to 4-player local co-op. You can even test your kung fu skills against other players in local or online* P-v-P mode.
- Have you ever dreamed of being a goat? Well, look no further than Goat Simulator: The GOATY from Coffee Stain Publishing. The wildly successful indie phenomenon is available now on Nintendo Switch. This is the cutting edge of goat simulation technology, and the Goat Simulator: The GOATYpackage includes Goat Simulator plus Goat MMO Simulator, Goat Simulator: GoatZ, Goat Simulator: Payday and Goat Simulator: Waste of Space.
- When Ski Lifts Go Wrong from Curve Digital is a deliriously fun physics-based construction puzzler, packed full of creative challenges, sports and disasters! Start in the rolling foothills and journey up to the jagged peaks. Puzzle over carefully designed scenarios to help every passenger reach their destination. With more than 100 challenging, pre-constructed levels and a sandbox builder mode for players to create their own, there are hours and hours of fun to be had on the slopes. When Ski Lifts Go Wrong is available now on Nintendo Switch.
- Take to the battlefield in Wargroove, a turn-based strategy game fromChucklefish. The game features a full story campaign as well as online* and local multiplayer for up to four players. The war doesn’t end there though, as easy-to-use editors and customisation tools allow you to create and share your own maps and campaigns. Wargroovemarches on to Nintendo Switch on 1stFebruary, and is available to pre-order on Nintendo eShop now.
- HEAVY METAL! ZOMBIES! BIG GUNS! Double Kick Heroes by Headbang Club and Plug In Digital mixes the shoot ‘em up and rhythm game genres for a high-octane experience unlike anything you’ve played before. Speed through a post-apocalyptic wasteland on the highway to hell, with the power of bone-crushing heavy metal rhythms as your only weapon against the zombie hordes. Featuring more than 30 original metal songs, plus tracks from guest bands such as GOJIRA, Double Kick Heroes will be coming first to Nintendo Switch in summer 2019.
- Inmost is a ghoulishly atmospheric puzzle-platformer from Chucklefish in which you follow three different playable characters across one dark, interconnected story. In an old, abandoned castle, rendered in beautiful pixel-art style, you’ll need brains and bravery in equal measure to escape from the shadowy evil lurking in the depths. Inmost comes first to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Dive into a massive sci-fi adventure in CrossCode, the retro-inspired 2D action RPG from Deck 13 Interactive and Radical Fish Games. Combining 16 bit-style graphics with smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system and engaging puzzle mechanics, CrossCode launches on Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Forager from Humble Bundle is a 2D open-world game in which you can build your future as you see fit. Combining exploration, combat, farming and crafting, Forager allows you to try out a variety of different playstyles as you start small then gradually expand your territory, your skillset and your network of friends – and enemies. Forager is coming soon to Nintendo Switch.
SOURCE: Nintendo PR