Where The Magic Happens
With the biggest gaming event of the year being just around the corner it’s only natural that people would start speculating on what E3 will bring. It’s Nintendad’s time to start the speculation! Let’s have a chat with some of our writers where they answer three simple questions…
- What do you think we’ll 100% see? – SNES Classic online to go live shortly after the presentation and to include Earthbound, StarFox 2 as well as the usual suspects (A LINK TO THE PAST ON SWITCH!!!)
- What would you absolutely love to see? – New F-Zero. Old F-Zero. Just F-Zero, please!! Wait… A Wii Sports Resort-esque pack with Waverace, F- Zero and Pilot Wings all rolled into one. That’s what I want!!
- What don’t you think we’ll see? – Anything of Animal Crossing. I honestly think it’s been delayed. Unless of course, it’s the big game of 2019 alongside Pokemon S&S. In which case, God have mercy on us all……
- What do you think we’ll 100% see? – I think that we will see a release date for Animal Crossing and Luigi’s Mansion 3 – That may be wishful thinking though.. I also think we will see an announcement of some sort of a new Nintendo Switch console. There have been rumours circulating about a Nintendo Switch Mini, so maybe that?
- What would you absolutely love to see? – I would absolutely love to see some Animal Crossing gameplay. I would also love to see a remaster of Zelda Windwaker and I would also love to see some more third-party Switch support, my dream would be Overwatch on Switch.
- What don’t you think we’ll see? – I don’t think we even get a whiff of Metroid or even any new Zelda announcements.
- What do you think we’ll 100% see? – Probably the next fighter for Super Smash Bros. and it will be released in the summer also I think we will see a spew of new items for the online service.
- What would you absolutely love to see? – I’m hoping for a few streaming apps to be released. I travel away for work a lot and would love to watch Netflix on the go. I don’t have a tablet so the switch is the biggest screen I have. I would also like to see a few Third party games announced like Kingdom Hearts and GTA5. I think this would be great news for the switch.
- What don’t you think we’ll see? – The unveiling of the Switch Pro and Mini.
- What do you think we’ll 100% see? – The safe bet is some Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem updates. We may see some improvements on the overall Switch dashboard such as improved functionality and enhancements to the online service.
- What would you absolutely love to see? – I’d really like to see a more portable Switch mini. I would even be OK with a digital version since I think it would be a bit more restrictive. I love physical collecting but sometimes having quick access while on the go makes sense. A better battery of course.
- What don’t you think we’ll see? – A Nintendo 3DS that can run limited Switch games. Then again, maybe that’s what I’m looking for in my “what I’d like to see” since Nintendo is saying the 3DS isn’t going away and the market is still good for it.
- What do you think we’ll 100% see? – Animal Crossing and Luigi’s Mansion 3 are going to be the big showings, along with two dlc character drops for Smash Bros (available right now) and an announcement for the next, no date is given on this one.
- What would you absolutely love to see? – I would love to see a new Castlevania game, developed by an indie, like Wayforward or Inti Creates, won’t be exclusive but announced by Nintendo first.
- What don’t you think we’ll see? – No Metroid Prime 4, Mother 3 or Odyssey 2 but I would be happy if they did exist.
There we have it! Our predictions and wants from E3 2019. EA kicks off the E3 celebrations on June 7th but this is Nintendad, so we are interested in Nintendo’s Direct on June 12th; 09:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT / 17:00 BST. Don’t miss it!
What do you want to see from E3? What would you hate to see? Let us know!