Aye Aye CPTN!!
One of my absolute favourite things about this awesome Nintendo community is the magnitude of truly talented artist and content creators who every day create inspiring and unique content to bring a little bit of sunshine to our otherwise dreary and mundane lives.
Amongst the top tier of talented arty types, there is a man who goes by the name of cptnalex, someone whom this humble hack has followed for many years now, first coming to my attention when he was creating custom amiibo. With the runaway success of the Nintendo Switch he has embraced the adaptability of the console and created some truly stunning back plates, custom Joy Con and even pin badges for good measure. How he isn’t working for Nintendo yet is beyond me.
Now he’s back with a project that requires each and everyone of you wonderful people to sit up and take notice. Read on for all the details regarding the Pro Controller Project.
Everyone is here!!!
The Super Smash Bros Ultimate Pro Controller project is a fan art dedication to the Super Smash Bros. franchise and to Nintendo’s long history as one of the most influential gaming companies in the world.
With the success of this project, cptnalex aims to recognise each and every fighter inducted into the Smash Bros legacy by creating a custom Nintendo Switch compatible Pro Controller in their honour. These controllers will be artistically photographed and published in an art book that will be available at retail.
- Custom controller for each Smash Bros character: The campaign is set up to encourage backers to select their favorite, or main character they use in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. In the event certain characters do not receive direct backers, the funding goal is set up to cover the costs of these characters.
- Published Art Book: Artistically stylized photos will be taken for each completed controller and compiled into an art book. This book will be self-published, unless funding goals exceed expectations and allow us to work with a publisher. It is our hope that successful funding of the campaign will allow us to work with Nintendo and license the use of their character images within the artbook, to provide more details and character information alongside the controllers photos.
- Project Launch
The project launches on KickStarter on March 15th, 2019 at 12:00am EST. The project will run for 30 days.
- We have teamed up with the folks at RoseColoredGaming to offer KickStarter exclusive display stands as an add on item to any pledge!
- For those that only use official controllers, controller backers can be upgrade to official OEM Nintendo Switch Pro controllers for an additional charge after the campaign has been fully funded!
- Stretch goals for the campaign are currently listed on the campaign page and will be updated as the campaign receives funding and progresses.
Controller Specifications: Wireless Pro Game Controller for Nintendo Switch, Motion Controls, HD Rumble, Charging Cable.
Art Book Specifications: 8.5″ x 8.5″, Glossy Hard cover, 60lb paper stock
Please note: the controllers being used are NOT OEM controllers. They look and function exactly the same, but do not include Amiibo functionality. Backers will have the ability to upgrade to official OEM controllers at the end of the campaign if our initial funding goal is reached.